தேன்கணிக்கோட்டை, வேட்டை ஆடிய பிரான் ஆலயம். பேட்ராய சாமி கோவில்
|Betrayaswamy Temple, Denkanikottai|
|Email ID||:: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Phone Numbers||:: 04347-|
|Mobile Numbers||:: 0|
|Postal Address||:: Denkanikottai, Tamil Nadu|
|Description: The main gate of the temple faces the East direction. Deity of the temple is Sree Vettaiyaadiaya Piraan. The god presides the temple along with Sridevi and Poodevi.
The deity looks alike that of Tirupathi, adding more specialty to the temple.On the southern side (south-west) of the main gate, Soundaravalli Naachiyaar presides.
History: The temple’s administration is with Tamil Nadu government. It is, decedents of ‘Inanyaa Chaariyaar’ who came from Karnataka’s Madya district, who maintain the temple and are the Darmakarthaas of this temple.
When islamic warriors came to this area, the main diety was hidden in a cloth and was taken deep into the forest to hide from them.
Then after the end of the rule of islamic warriors, the statue was brought back. This great service was done by ‘Venkatapathy Das’ and still his decedents serve the temple.
Temple view from North West Direction – showing the tower along with the pond
Art on the piller
Piller with carvings
Roof at the entrance
Kanva Maharishi and Adhri Maharishi – Sthala Virutchikam – Ilanthai (Bathiri) Tree
Temple view from North East direction – Sorgavaasal is also found in this photo
Location chart for the temple: From North west corner to North East
1. Thirumadaipalli – Place to prepare Naivedhiyam for the temple
2. Vedhaanda Desikar and Azhvaar Sannathi
3. Krishnar Sannathi
4. Soundaravalli Naachiyaar Sannathi (South West of the temple)
6. Raamar along with Seetha and Lakshman
7. Kanva Maharishi and Aththiri Maharishi – Sthala Virutchakam – Pathiri Maram (Ilanthai Maram)
8. Udaiyavar, Pillai Lokaach-chaa (Ulaka Achiriyar) and Manavaala MaamunikaL sannathi
9. Yaaga Chaalai
10 Anjineyar Sannathi
11. Kopura vaachalil Karutar Sannathi