Hosur Cattle Farm was established in the year 1824 as Army Remount Depot, by British for rearing and breeding Horses.
This farm was handed over to the Agricultural Department of Govt. of Madras on 1st September 1924 as a Cattle Breeding Station.
Hosur Cattle Farm was subsequently taken over by the Madras Civil Veterinary Department on 1st April 1938. The move was made with the object to maintaining the purity of the Indian Milk Breeds of Cattle.
The farm was established to conduct basic research on animal breeding and the Farm was redesigned as Livestock research station.
The farm was renamed as District Livestock farm subsequent to the reorganization of Livestock Research station on 1st January 1970.
While it is being narrowed to produce only a few variants of animals, the campus is now established with a college to promote Poultry industry in Tamil Nadu.
College of Poultry Production and management was established at Hosur Cattle Farm complex during the year 2011.
Photo Image of Cattle Farm. Photographed by Mr Sivaraman of JPSR Enterprises during the year 2000